Jodhpur, The former capital of Marwar state, was founded in 1459 A.D. by rao jodha, Chief of Rathore clan of Rajputs. The city is the gateway to the Thar Desert and was once part of the celebrated silk route from central Asia to the sea ports of Gujrat , the city retains the flavour of trading center.
As soon as the sun rises in the east its very first ray kisses the forhead of the city, the mehrangarh. Except few days of mansoon the sun shines brightly rest of the year over the city.so the jodhpur is truly known as “BLUE CITY” or Suncity.
The magnificent Mehrangarh fort is seated 125m above the surrounding plain. Invincible and dauntless in it’s league with time.
standing sentinel to the city below, the fort overlooks the rugged and rocky terrain and blue houses,and has apartments within the Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, and Daulat Khana with a rich varied collection of palanquins, royal cardles , miniature paintining of various schools , folk musicinstuments, costumers and an impressive armory. The display of cannons of the ramparts near Chamunda Temple is among the rarest in india.
The Mehrangarh Fort was Founded By “RAO JODHA” in 1459 A.D. when he shifted his capital from mandore on the advice of a hermit.